Saturday, July 9, 2011

Empanadas (sort of...)


OK- another theme you may have noticed on this blog is some sort of butter pastry wrapped savory filling. This is another one - spicy empanadas! The blogger also made a cilantro cream, but for the sake of our waistlines and fellow beach-goers I left that out. The dough is weird though - only 4 tablespoons of butter. How am I supposed to work with that???? It's predictably less buttery/flakey and more bread-like. It also rolled out much thicker... not sure if I like that- I could not crimp the sides into pretty little braids like the blogger. It's ugly, but still tasty.


Also I changed the filling. I don't need any more bacon in my life right now so I switched to ground turkey. And some potatoes because I had them lying around. So I don't know if this really counts as an "empanada" anymore, but it was good. I use a LOT of cilantro- an entire bag full.

No comments:

Post a Comment